Are you a web developer who is passionate about using your AngularJs, NodeJs and other skills to improve the lives of people, patients, and healthcare professionals?
We are seeking a web developer to join our small team to help us develop our front-end portal to our open platform (PaaS) for healthcare.
Operon is an early stage start-up planning to change the way software is developed for healthcare. We have recently secured funding from NHS Digital Code4Health and other partners to enable us to deliver our vision.
Our vision is to launch PaaS (Platform as a Service for healthcare) that will open up healthcare market to app developers – think Heroku for healthcare! The components of our PaaS are based on proven international standards and are currently in use around the world including UK, Norway, Sweden, Finland, France, Netherlands, Australia, China, Russia, and Brazil. We want to make our PaaS available to innovative developers to create software that makes a real difference to the way healthcare is delivered. Our long-term ambition is to leverage our platform to build a healthcare app ecosystem that will augment and eventually compete with current incumbents.
We are an experienced team of clinicians and health technologists with a track record of commercial success. Some of our team are internationally recognised experts in healthcare IT and have been involved in healthcare projects within the UK and across the world.
The Company operates virtually and while these roles are based at our Central London workspace at Runway East Finsbury Square in East London alongside a number of other tech start-ups there are plenty of opportunities for flexible and remote working.
What you will do
- You will be involved in creating an elegant front-end portal for our PaaS solution using AngularJs, Bootstrap and other related technologies.
- You will work closely with our team of clinicians and informaticians to design and deliver the UI for existing clients and future projects.
- You will work alongside other members of the team in refining our services based on the latest design patterns like microservices, REST, API Gateways, containerisation (Docker) and GraphQL in a continuous delivery setting.
- You will also play a role in the design and delivery of our documentation and other support materials for our PaaS.
You will be a team player with a willingness to lend a hand with any aspect of the Company’s activity in addition to the core task of software development. You will able to work with minimal supervision and bring their own ideas and expertise to our venture. There will be an opportunity to work with the health informatics community which includes many enthusiastic clinicians and innovative developers wanting to disrupt the way IT is delivered in healthcare
You will have credible experience in:
- Modern web user interface design frameworks (Bootstrap, Semantic UI, etc)
- Modern client-side web application design (Angular, React, GraphQL)
- Delivering well tested UI using TDD or BDD (Jasmine, Protractor, etc)
- Web authoring (Jekyll, static site generators)
- Open source software development (contributions on GitHub or elsewhere)
- Experience of working in a continuous delivery setting
- Packaging applications for cloud deployment (AWS, Bluemix, OpenStack)
- API design and frameworks (tyk, swagger)
- Identity management/single-sign-on (Auth0, KeyCloak)
- Experience of working in the health and social care domain would be an advantage but is far from essential.
Experience in parenthesised technologies a bonus.
Salary of £30k – £40k.
There is an opportunity for equity participation after a satisfactory probationary period.
If you wish to apply send your CV with covering email to email@example.com